Tuesday, February 17, 2015

MRTT Winter Virtual 5k 2015

This was my second year of doing the MRTT Winter Virtual race. I love my local running chapter!
This was also my first run since seeing a chiropractor and having him adjust my ankles in hopes to be pain free while running.
I was looking forward to this run. WAS. I was going to do the 5k and planned for a 10k if my knee allowed it. However, my knee had other plans.

It was a very cold morning for Florida! We bundled up.

Do you like my beanie?! I scored it for a dollar! Hey... whatever keeps me warm! Plus I am wearing Mary Kay makeup. More on that later!

My run started out good with Fabulous.  I was excited and feeling great. The cool air is was refreshing. Then at about 1.5 miles in the pain hit. I walked, stretched. Pain seemed to go away so I started a slow run. The pain came back. I started walking again. I was getting mad. I took 4 weeks off to prepare for this run. I rested. I started the run walk stretch method over and over. The pain eased a little around 2 miles and I did some slow pace run / fast walk to try to keep my pace time somewhat decent. 
Fabulous called my cell. She knew when I didn't arrive a few minutes after her that something was up. She told me she would run back to meet me. It was after I hung up with her that I allowed myself to shed a few tears. Frustration. Anger. Sadness. But only for a minute. 
Fabulous came up and gave me a big hug! I needed it. It's a reminder that all runners love each other. We're in it for the same reasons. 
I finished my 5k in 43 minutes. Not my best time, I finished. That's all that matters. I could have given up at mile 1.5 but I didn't. I kept on. 
The end result was worth it. I got this medal and it sparkles! What is better?! 
I do have an appointment with an Orthopedist in 2 weeks. I'm counting down. I will find answers and a solution. 
And yes I was wearing makeup for my race! I'm a Mary Kay beauty consultant. Mary Kay CC Cream is a great option for those wanting to wear makeup and workout / run! I love it!! 

My next 5k is Friday. I see a lot of walking... Disney's PHM weekend I'll see you soon! 


1 comment: