The expo wasn't to crazy, we went on Thursday due to us racing Friday morning. As always, there is never anything for 5k runners. Which stinks. Run Disney really slacks in this area. I loved seeing all the vendors and fun racing attire!
I had to make some adjustments to our running costumes due to weather. Sadly all our race photos we were covered by jackets. Boo! It'll be another Disney race we won't forget! Wine & Dine had pouring rain and cold temps. Now a Frozen 5k. I'm starting to see a pattern...
I was Queen Elsa, my daughter was Anna, and my son was Olaf. We had to stick with the theme! I had a friend make our skirts and paint Lenee's shirt. They came out amazing! I think the gals should go into business!! What do you think?
We were in corral B. WOO!! However, it was a slow start for us. Buggy didn't like the cold weather at all, she was having trouble breathing in such dry air. She did a very fast walk until her body warmed up a little. I think by 1.5 miles she started to run a little. She was still freezing and miserable. Didn't want to stop for characters. I had to talk her into posing for a few photos.
Her mood changed once she saw Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff. I wonder if they were as cold as us?
(I hope so)! Although I'm sure Elsa was loving this weather!
I had a little knee pain, I used KT tape in hopes to be able to run pain free. Having the tape on helped some. Even though I still had pain, it was tolerable and I didn't feel that locking up feeling that always forces me to walk.
By mile 3 Lenee was in a much better mood, only because the finish line was coming! She didn't want to take after photos. She grabbed her goodies and headed straight for the van. We had about an hour to keep warm before heading back out for Kaden's one mile race. Food and warmth. At the point I don't think anything was better than those 2.
Trying to stay warm in the van!
As we walked over to the kids one mile starting point, my son informed us, that he didn't want us to run with him. He wanted to do it on his own. What?!? I was a little nervous about this. There were a lot of kids actually signed up for this race. I did love Run Disney's security point though. The parent's had to keep a tag that matched their child's bib number in order for them to come out of the finishing area. Fireman said let him do it, he's got this. I know, I know.. he's 8 and very smart for his age. But still!
I finally caved and let him go to the starting line alone. My son is a perfectionist and is very competitive. ( I have no clue where he gets it from). The look in his eyes told me he wanted to win this, even though I told him that children up to the age of 13 were running and that everyone is a winner.
Kaden certainly proved his determination. 7:44 for his mile run. He was in the top 10! Proud mom moment for sure! He finished and told me right away he wanted to run a 5k and then a 10k. I love that running has had such a positive effect on my children!
My super cute Olaf with his prize!
Both children have running goals and I am going to make sure they achieve them! As soon as my knee issue is corrected we will began training!
Speaking of knees, I went to the orthopedist yesterday. He believes I have Patellofemoral syndrome. So I will be trying some exercises and stretches to see if that helps correct the problem. My x-rays came back looking good. So that was good news. If I don't see an improvement in a month with exercises we will look into an MRI. Fingers crossed I don't have to do that.
What a way to end a Run Disney race weekend. With Starbucks and a Dole whip!













No comments:
Post a Comment