They say not all runs are good runs. This is very true. Yesterday's run was not good. At all. It was hot; (nothing new, I have pretty much adjusted to it). However, I just couldn't get into the groove of my run. I felt off. Then after 20 minutes of running I started to get like a tingling sensation in my knee. It wasn't painful but tingling. I had to stop and walk a few times from that point on. I thought about just stopping and saying screw it and then of course the tingling would go away. Figures right? I would start back up running and within a bit, the tingling would come back. (it felt like as if my leg was asleep). It was very annoying! I finally started walking and said I'm done, there is no point. I checked my Nike app and I was at 27 minutes. That's when I told myself I was going to finish my run. I had set out for a 30 minute run. I was going to finish it. I ended up doing 32 minutes. My distance was below the normal, but I finished my run. Finished. It wasn't my best run. I didn't even like it, couldn't stand it. It's done though. I didn't even stop to take a picture that's how over it I was. Now I'm past it and moving forward.
Today is rest day. I'm going to enjoy it too. My body needs a break.
Who else has bad runs?
I found this quote, I need to remember it.
Overcoming adversity just makes you stronger. The run itself may not have been your best, but it's still an experience that helps you grow! Way to push through your goal!
ReplyDelete