Saturday, June 7, 2014

Recap of a bittersweet week

It has been a long week for me, The Running Fire Wife. It was the last week of school. This meant class parties. More than one party! I was back and forth running around and helping out. Different party, different day. It made for a very long week. On top of this never ending week it was my daughter's last week of 5th grade! Last week in Elementary school. I have not handled this reality without tears. Quite a bit through out the week. Please tell me I'm not the only mom who cries about this!
 I ran a few times this week. Out in the heat and on the treadmill at the gym.
I don't prefer the treadmill. It gets very boring and I feel like time drags on and on. I ran outdoors around 6pm and it was still very hot. Gotta love Florida. I made myself suck it up. I wanted to quit halfway through my 3 miles. It was miserable. No quitting though. Nope. Not allowed.
This morning I got up at 5:30 to run with Sisnlaw. The sun was just coming up and there was a slight breeze. We got 5 miles in. I am starting to notice that 5 miles isn't so bad. This run seemed very easy. I never thought I would ever say that about running. However, this was a great run!
Now off to enjoy the rest of my weekend! Happy running all!

2 comments:

  1. Nice!! That was a great run!!!! 5 miles are getting easier and easier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I remember when running became easier!

    ReplyDelete