Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Goals

June Challenge is in full swing. But what about my goals? I haven't thought much about them. So tonight I am.
 In July registration opens for Disney's Princess half marathon weekend. I did the 5k last year and wished I had signed up for the 10k as well. When I registered with my daughter, I was not much of a runner. But after seeing Fabulous in January I was hooked. So I was a slightly jealous that I was not doing more than one race that weekend.
Now July is coming up quick. I want to do the Glass slipper challenge. That is my ultimate goal! However, when I sit back and think about it, I panic a little. That's the 10K plus a half. (which I haven't even done yet)!What if I decide after my first half in November that I don't like running 13.1 miles? Am I crazy?! Back to back races. I've never done before. I mean I run weekly, sometimes 2 days in a row. Should I consider that the same thing? Is my mind just playing with me over this new fear? This has been bothering me for a few days now. Decisions. Decisions.
 My next goal is to improve my time. It isn't a HUGE goal, but a personal one. I seem stuck in the 11-12 minute mile pace. No matter what I try. Maybe I should stop trying. I can't be the only one that struggles with this right?
 My last goal is to tone my body more. I've lost a bit of weight, and look decent. I finally have confidence that I never had before. I would just like to tone some areas. So I need to get back into the gym on my off days from running. I'll be dragging Fabulous with me of course! Now only if Sisnlaw had a membership, we'd make a party out of it.
I can't believe the difference a year makes. I've been running and eating better since January. Hard work pays off! I just need to hit the gym to tone my now small waist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment