Monday, June 2, 2014

7 Miles In The Books

I was sick last week. No running. Totally sucked. It drove me crazy not being able to run. Running is what helps me clear my head. It keeps me motivated. A week of not running was not a good thing for me. I was a crab by the Friday and this momma was over it all!
I planned with a few friends for Sunday to be an early morning run. 5:45 am to be exact. I didn't care if I was still feeling icky, I was going to run. Lucky for me, most of my symptoms were gone and I just had a sore throat and stuffy nose. (I can run with that). So I set my alarms and off to dreamland I went.


Do you like my alarm names? Hey.. whatever works!!








I picked up Sisnlaw on the way and Fabulous met us there. We ran with another family member too.  It wasn't to hot out, though the river reeked. Suck it up and run on. That's what we did.
We aimed for an hour of running. We ran longer and did just over 7 miles! I've never ran this far before! NEW RECORD!!
How exciting for me!! We ran it all too. We did our water stops and 1 bathroom stop, but no walking. I couldn't believe it! Like I really can run!! I can do this!! A half marathon doesn't seem so scary now.



While running I noticed this sign, I nearly fell and had to ask Sisnlaw if it really said what it did. We had to pause and take a photo! This totally made our run all the better! Laughter is the best during a run!
Thanks to whoever switched the letters around. Although I'm not sure the owner will find it as funny as we did, but I do hope they at least laugh a little.




After this 7 mile run, I was starving. Hungry. I wanted to spend the rest of the day eating everything I saw! Please tell me this is normal right? I hope so!



1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhh yay!!! I loved our run!!! It didnt hit me until after that we actually RAN THE WHOLE THING!! Im supa proud!!! We can do 13 miles after all!!!!!!!!!!!! I <3 you!!

    ReplyDelete