Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sick = No Running

We had a mini get away to Disney last week. I come home with a head cold. Joy.
Our vaca was nice, we stayed with friends and all our kids. 7 total between our families. Fun times!
 We were surprised with a date night with no kids! Like is this real life??? Fireman and I went to dinner and even ordered a fruity cocktail! We walked Downtown Disney, and the Fireman scored a pair of Brooks for 55.00 at Fit2Run. I'll admit, I was and still am a little jealous at the bargain he got. By 10pm I was ready for bed. I guess that's what happens as we get older and have a routine.
 The next day we did Hollywood Studios for Star Wars fun! My little Jedi had a blast. I have learned over the last few years just what these trips are about. It's about making memories. Seeing the kid's faces light up is priceless and can't be replaced. Little Jedi was in heaven and at times speechless. I'm glad we went even though I wasn't feeling up to it. I'm super mom, I can do anything!
 So now that we are back home, the head cold has gotten worse. I haven't ran in 6 days, and It's driving me nuts. What do you do when you are ill? Part of me says to just run through it, the other part says rest up.
Resting up for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment