Yesterday Fabulous and I decided to do a run. We really didn't talk distance, just that we wanted to meet up and run the river. Being we live in the sunshine state it is still warm at 6:45. I am learning to just suck it up and drink more water.
There are 2 water fountains on our river route. I am making it a habit to stop and take advantage of them. Especially since I've been going over 3 miles. One fountain has ice cold water, the other... I'll just say warm. I'll take it though. No complaining allowed.
Around mile 2/ 3 I was also having some pain, (well not pain but the aches of running) in my thighs, legs, feet. Once I am past that 3 miles it is no longer there.. or I've managed to push it out of my head that I'm in pain. Anyone else have this problem?
I was also having those not so lovely thoughts of "why am I running"? "It's to hot for this". "My legs hurt". And so on.. But thanks to another blogger I follow http://www.runningwithollie.com/ I recently read her tips on overcoming negative thoughts while running. I remembered some tips and decided that instead of complaining of heat, pain, etc. I kept telling myself "results don't happen over night. Results won't happen if you do nothing. Running equals results, keep going. I just kept repeating it until the other thoughts disappeared. My running got better, my mood got better. So a huge THANK YOU to Lea over there at http://www.runningwithollie.com/. Be sure to check out her site!
I ended up doing 6 miles! I got in the zone and told myself I needed to do a little distance. I think Fabulous wanted to shoot me. She stopped her Nike gps watch. Oops!
I'm happy with yesterday's run. It's 6 miles under my belt. 6 miles I don't regret, and 6 miles towards results. (now if I could try PR my time I'll be even happier). But I'm not complaining!
YAY! Awesome!!! I love your "positive" thoughts! It really works! you rock
ReplyDeleteYay my bff. You rocked that run. I should gone whole .20k I would have PR ed my 10k time to under and hr for finish. My goal is 50 to 55 min.
ReplyDeletewahooo! Im up and running so I can comment!!! That only took 2 months!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! I have the same problem with the negative thoughts that come creeping in. I go into races thinking I'm going to crush it and when I start to get tired and achy I just don't even care anymore. I've probably talked myself out of some really great race results. BUT, it's getting better. It's getting hot here too. Heat and I have issues.
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa! I nominated you for a Liebster award...find it here along with your questions and the rest of the winners - http://jojocouture-southernfriedsoul.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-1st-blogiversary-liebster-award.html
ReplyDelete