I have started doing the stretches at home. While we were at the race expo at Disney I picked up KT tape. I ran with it for the Frozen 5k and made it through with a some pain.
I decided I would meet Erin for a slow run last Tuesday and had Fireman tape me up the night before. I had him do my knee and ankle.
My run started off slow, I was pushing the jogger with a 26 pound toddler. Ha! But it wasn't bad at all. I did a run 2 songs, walk half a song interval. I didn't want to start off by running to much. The pace seemed slow to me, but I reminded myself I'm pushing a jogger with extra weight and I'm slowly running again. (not to mention, it's been around 6 months since I've ran with the jogger).
It also happened to be a very hot March morning! Florida weather is all sorts of messed up. Freezing 30 degree weather one week, high 80's the next.
Anyways, my run was going pretty smooth. I was very nervous about the pain coming back, but at half a mile I didn't have pain. Then when I hit 1 mile there was still no pain. I kept waiting for it to come. (it has to be a mental thing). Mile 2 came and I was still good. I started to get a little excited! 2 miles with no pain! A little after the 2.5 mile mark I started to feel a dull pain. I walked longer, ran less. The pain was still just dull. Not bad like in the past. I am hoping, fingers crossed that this is a sign of improvement.
I did 3 miles. They felt very slow, but my time was 39 minutes. That is AWESOME time!! I'm thinking positive!!

Way to go!! 39 mins its awesome, especially if you felt like out was a slower pace than usual, and pushing the jogger, way to go!! I think I have the same thing, and wonder if you can share the type of exercises, stretches that helped improve the pain level, and how did you learn the proper way to use the kt tape? Which its very pretty btw.
ReplyDelete