Wednesday, January 21, 2015

2015 Starting off rough

My goals for 2015 are looking a little cloudy right now. And that is never a good sign. I need to see the sunshine again.

At the end of my half marathon in November, I had some knee pain. I took a month off of running, did a cross country 5k with my son in December. The knee pain came back. By that evening I was on ice because of the pain. A few days later no pain, nothing. I went to our local running store, bought new shoes with stability. Did 2 short runs just to feel it out. No pain. I was beginning to think my shoes were just old and they were the reason for my pain. Almost..

Sunday, I went for a late afternoon run and by mile 2.5 I was in pain. The whole run I was doing a walk/ run method, but it turned out to be more walking than running. I was beyond annoyed. By mile 2.7 I couldn't run, every time I tried the pain was there and it felt like my knee was locking up. I was angry.
I am still angry, along with sad. We were just discussing which future Disney race to sign up for and now I may not be signing up for anything.  It makes me sad to think about future races.
We are looking into sports medicine doctors that take our insurance at the moment. I don't know what else to do. This cannot be the end of running for me.
My time was okay still. Not sure how, but I managed 3 miles in 37:34.

Hopefully my next post will be a happier one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your knee pain. Injury is a HUGE struggle, both physically and mentally. As hard as it is to give up your fitness lifestyle for a while, remember that it is better to lose three months to rehab now than to lose years later on by pushing yourself with an injury and doing permanent damage.

    My thoughts are with you, I hope it is not too serious. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete