Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August is here!

August is here already! I can't believe it. I turn 31 this month, the kids go back to school, but most of important of all is I am a month closer to my first half marathon. Unreal. 
It's been raining a lot here in the sunshine state so running has been tricky. I've ran in the rain a few times and It's not so bad. It's the lightning that I give up in. This past Sunday my Sisnlaw and I did 5.7 miles. It rained a little bit on us but it was refreshing! 
I have been trying to stretch better. I found some new stretches and my legs seem happy with them. 
 
Stretch, stretch, stretch!

Another new thing I am trying before going out for a run is taking a spoonful of honey. Yes.. honey. It's a little odd to get down.. but I am managing. I have been reading about the benefits of honey and running. While I have been researching, Fabulous brought it to my attention that she was starting honey. We really are two peas in a pod!  Back to honey. Honey is great for a running fuel. It can be absorbed easily and provides a great source of energy. You can read more about it here : http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/nutrition/honey-the-facts/5285.html

I'm sure August is going to blow by just like July did, hopefully I can find time to blog a little more!
Fingers crossed! 




No comments:

Post a Comment