Sunday, May 4, 2014

Running with a view.

Friday morning I got up at 5:00 am. To run. Yup. And I actually got up.  Fabulous was still lounging in bed, I had to talk her into getting up. She's in a slump right now and I am determined not to let her fall. She has been my mentor in running and I need her. We ran the river at 5:30, I did just over 3 miles and this was the view when I finished. What a view! Am I lucky or what? Living on the coast definitely has a few perks.
  I was happy with this early run. It totally sets my mood for the whole day. Who else loves early morning runs?
 Saturday was rest day. I had wine and pizza. OOPS! Oh well. I earned it. A week of running/ exercising and eating clean. A cheat day is okay.
 This morning Fireman came home from shift. We had breakfast and trying to plan our day, he came up with the idea to run; (I was going to wait until the evening). However, the wind was blowing and the temp. was nice, considering the Florida heat has arrived. We loaded up the kids and went down to the river.
  Fireman ran with the baby and my son. I set off on my own.  I was doing okay. The breeze was nice and really the heat wasn't bad. It was a nice run. I was doing good too. Found my groove and kept on.  Aside from the ladies pushing a dog in a stroller, not wanting to single file so I could run by, it turned out to be a great run.  Mile 3 to 4 was a little slower. I was thirsty and Fireman was nowhere in sight with my water. I eventually saw him and finished up.
  I set a new record! In the heat! I am so excited with myself! I was not expecting a PR with the heat and wind factor. This goes to show anything is possible! I am proud of myself. This is what keeps me going.

Here is the view when I finished my run. Clear skies and a beautiful view. I love running this route. 


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the PR!! I need to get up at 5 am and run more often! Having that awesome view helps I'm sure!! OH and the heat has arrived in Texas too! Even more of a reason to run at 5 am! Keep it up! =D

    PS - I nominated you for a Liebster Award :) http://shoniejenkins.com/2014/05/05/liebster-award/

    Have a wonderful day!!

    -Shonie { The Happy Running Momma }

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya on the heat!! Thanks for the nomination!!

    ReplyDelete