Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Transformation Tuesday

Since I have started running again in Jan. I have lost weight.. I didn't realize it at first, but I am down to 119 lbs. I was in the 130's prior. Running and eating better. that's what did it. And here's just what I did.
1. We cut out fast food. we haven't had any MCD, BK, etc since June 2013.
2. We stopped eating ice cream every night. (frowny face, but hey it makes a difference).
3. Gave up artificial coffee creamer. (no lie was hard at first.. but now the taste of it grosses me out).
4. No more soda!!! Fireman gave it up too. (he has lost a total of 30 lbs).
5. Cutting out processed foods. We haven't gone 100% on this, but I would save 85% right now. We are slowly but surely getting there.
6. We love water!!! ( buy an infusion pitcher, or any pitcher really and throw fruit in it for some flavor).
7. Water therapy in the morning. Drink a large glass before doing anything! Wake up your body the right way!
8. We run weekly. I do anywhere from 1-3 miles weekly sometimes more.
9. Exercise in the shower! (yup, I do my wall sits, squats, side bends, and a few others while showering).
10. We allow for a cheat day every now and then.
That's it on my transformation so far. It hasn't been an easy transition, but finally seeing results, means no turning back. Plus our children are adapting better habits, although they may not like their veggies some nights, I just tell them "it's okay if they don't like them, but they still need to eat them". It's working so far. Fingers crossed!!
My transformation picture can be found on my facebook site:  https://www.facebook.com/loveforrunning

No comments:

Post a Comment