Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Madness that started it all.

So I'm a fire wife, who happens to have a love / hate relationship with running.  Let me tell you how I got my start in running.
In 2011 I had a girlfriend ask me to do Disney's Princess 5k with her. Keep in mind I haven't ran in years. Wait, I take that back. I only ran if my kids were screaming bloody murder for me. Then of course I ran faster than the road runner! So ya I hardly ran. I looked at her like she was crazy; ( at this point in my life I was walking daily while my two oldest children were in school. I have a mean power walk let me tell you). I told her I would attempt running, but more than likely would walk most of this 5k. So I registered.  Princess weekend came quick. Looking back it was such a blur. Who knew people dressed up for a race?! I ran / walked it. In good time too. Under 40 minutes! I was so proud of myself! After that I found a love for running and a hate for running.
185605_10150132334564113_7189482_n
184629_10150132334024113_4252726_n                                        189421_10150132331269113_387172_n

No comments:

Post a Comment