Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Monday Run Recap

Monday's are almost always a run day. Almost. If fireman is home I run the school parking lot while my son has baseball practice. If he isn't I usually throw the baby in the jogger and do it ( if she lets me).
  It was hot, but the breeze was kicking so it wasn't so bad. I got about half a mile in before I saw the pizza boxes. It was my son's last practice and they had a surprise pizza party. I kept running. I stopped for water and took a small bite of pizza. Fireman was sharing a slice with the baby. I did good, I went back to running. The temptation was there. Not going to sugarcoat at all. I wanted a dang slice of pizza! Pizza sounded better than running. On top of that, one of the moms made cupcakes and offered me one. My response: Not until I finish my run. The line "Will run for cupcakes" popped into my head.
   I ran a little over 2 miles. I earned my cupcake. A yummy chocolate cupcake with vanilla icing! I didn't share it either! It was mine. All mine! I can't even remember the last time I had a cupcake, so it was much deserved.
  How many of you struggle with wanting junk food? I have made many healthy changes to my diet and have cut so much out. Every now and then I want a little junk. I allow myself one cheat day a week, and it's really not a bad cheat day. I guess I started my week with my cheat day. Oh well. I enjoyed that cupcake.






2 comments:

  1. I run for cupcakes too! We have an official cupcake baker in our Moms Run This Town group, so it's hard to stay away from them. I feel like I reward myself too much with food. I am horribly addicted to sugar. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. To funny! I would be in some serious trouble if our MRTT group had a baker!!!

    ReplyDelete