Thursday, March 19, 2015

Evening Run 3/16/15

I am loving this time change... kinda. I get to run in the evenings before it gets dark!! WOOO!
Who else is enjoying those evening runs?
Monday night me and my son who is 8 walked to our local elementary school and got a run in. I was planning on going alone, but he came out dressed and ready to go. (minus a t-shirt). He thinks he is pretty cool running without one. 
How awesome does he look while running?! That HAIR!!!  I told him to just run and not wait up for me. Since my knee injury I have been taking it pretty slow. I do run 1 song, walk half or run 2 songs walk half. Depends on my mood at this point. Plus I think I am mentally worried the pain will creep up at any moment. I hope I am not the only runner who has dealt with an injury and worrying that it will come back any minute. It consumes my brain sometimes while running and it's pretty annoying. I turn up the music to drown out the voices that make me worry. 


I ran 3.5 miles!! I made it to 3 miles with no pain. After that, it was just a dull ache. Being a runner, I can't stop at 3.33 miles. I have to make it to the halfway point. I'm sure you all agree. My pace was pretty awesome too! I didn't expect to run 10-11 minute miles. Not at all. I'll surely take it!
It felt so good to make it that far pain free! I needed that release! It was my best run so far this year. 
Kaden ran about 4 miles so I was pretty proud of him. I love that my children enjoy running.

We walked home and I iced my knees right away. The pain (or ache I should say), was barely there. Icing never hurts. So I got to relax while my fireman finished up dinner. Yes, I am a lucky gal to have a husband who does the cooking while I run! 

On another note, I love my Brooks. They look so pretty!! 







2 comments:

  1. Yup, the fear of reinjury or even just lingering pain is a tough one to deal with - I was a high level athlete (soccer and lacrosse) for many years, and I got hurt a LOT. Every day I worry if my worst injuries (most of which never properly healed) will decide to rear their ugly heads and take me out for a while - or even for good. It's definitely a legitimate worry, but as long as you are staying aware of your limits, and not pushing too hard too fast, your body will most likely ease back into its old habits and you'll be back in full action soon!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has those thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete