Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Amber's Year In Review

I am featuring a fellow running friend. We met through my sisnlaw's consignment shop and the rest is history.
I mentioned doing WDW Wine & Dine half marathon weekend and the next thing I knew, she was signed up!
I have enjoyed following her running endeavors this year! It's so inspiring to see someone just say "hey I'm going to start running race events".  I asked her to write up a review of her year in running. And well... here it is!

I used to run just "to go for a run" and I never trained for anything. I even ran an ultra relay and got a medal, with no real regard for the whole situation. Fast forward to January 2014, I began running to train. But for what, I didn't know yet.
Then early spring I got word of the registration opening for the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon. I asked my hubby about it and he said "sure why not?!" So, I signed up and realized I needed to train for it. I mean it was friggin' 13.1 miles!
In signing up for this race, I also began finding other ways to start participating in runs. So it began...the great race...uh, race, of 2014.
Since beginning in January, I've run too many 5Ks to count, two 10K, a quarter marathon, and a half marathon. More than 1.5 races per month!
I've pushed my body beyond its limits, cried, laughed, cringed in pain. But all the while, becoming a better wife, mother, runner, and person. My children now participate in races and my husband has begun running again as well!



You can follow her running journey over at: www.runmomgo.wordpress.com

I love this picture collage she created! I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for her! 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your friend on an awesome year!!

    ReplyDelete