Monday, I ran. Got 5 miles in. 5 very hot miles. I felt great after mile 2, the rest... wasn't so great, but I ran forward. While I ran my first 3 miles, 4 and 5 had a combo of walking and running, mostly running though so I am happy about that progress. I just kept telling myself I could finish. I was determined to do 5 miles and I did it. That's all that matters! I can do this and it isn't so hard. Now let me tell you about after my run....
Yup came home showered, ate dinner and crashed! I have never felt so drained before. Not even after a sleepless night with a newborn. Thank goodness fireman was home to put kiddos to bed. (He was also in the parking lot while I ran.. he sat on his bum). I know crashing like that was my own fault. I didn't drink enough water. Note.. drink lots of water! I definitely did not. I am still feeling it a little bit today. On that note, it's safe to say that today is a rest day!

I did 5 miles. I can do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment