This past Friday, I ran Disney's Royal Family 5k with my 10 year old daughter and Fabulous. It was a blast! We ran the entire time (with the few stops for pictures). I'm a mom... it's what I do. I take pictures. Speedy (my new nickname for my daughter), was over the pictures, she kept saying she just wanted to run. After all it was a race. We finished in great time. 35 minutes! That is another record for me. Speedy kept running ahead and I would have to chase her down and yell for her to slow down. She was amazing to watch! She breezed through people with such grace. It was as if she had run 100 races before. I swear she is a natural at running. As a mom I couldn't be more proud of her and her decision to love running. After the race through out the rest of the weekend, she kept telling me she wants to now do a 10k. Again, another proud mom moment.
It was a great weekend, sad to see it end, but having my daughter by my side was great. It makes me happy to know my daughter is choosing to be healthy. I don't have to force her to run. She loves the sport and does it for pleasure. So here's to raising a runner!

No comments:
Post a Comment